In comparison with other methods of removing unwanted hair, shugaring has several advantages:
- Low probability of allergy. The composition of the sugar paste includes sugar and lemon juice, and these components are practically not allergens (although they can cause individual skin irritation).
- Sugar paste for shugaring has room temperature, and therefore the risk of getting burnt is lower than with hot waxing.
- Pasta can be bought in a store or cooked at home. Recipes for making syrup for shugaring are simple and quite feasible at home.
- The remnants of the paste are easily removed with water.
- When epilation with sugar, the risk of ingrown hairs is significantly reduced.
- Sugar paste also serves as a scrub, helping to remove dead particles from the skin and make it smooth.